Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: PMAY Scheme Benefits, Eligibility, Applying Method & Helpline Numbers; Know Your Status Here
PMAY is a housing for all initiative scheme launched by the Indian Government. As per the scheme, the government will provide affordable housing units to the urban poor in India by subsidy schemes & other benefits.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) is housing for all initiative scheme launched by the Government of India. According to the scheme, the government will provide affordable housing units to the urban poor in India by subsidy schemes & other benefits. Interestingly, Uttar Pradesh is one of the nine states that have been chosen for the plan.
The state government is taking a lot of efforts to provide affordable housing to people belonging to the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS), Low Income Groups (LIG) & Middle Income Groups (MIG). One such example is the State Urban Development Agency (SUDA Uttar Pradesh) which has already approved the construction of thousands of housing units throughout the state.
What is the objective of Mukhyamantri Awas Yojana?
The units will be constructed under the Beneficiary led Construction scheme (BLC), as a part of the PMAY Uttar Pradesh. Likewise, the state government has started the Mukhyamantri Awas Yojana, which benefits the ones living below the poverty line. The main objective of this plan is to provide housing to the poor people in the state. Moreover, the central and state government will provide financial help to the beneficiaries.
However, one has to fulfill a certain eligibility criteria in order to successfully avail the benefits of the scheme in Uttar Pradesh. Check below for Eligibility Criteria.
What is the Eligibility Criteria of PMAY Uttar Pradesh?
This urban scheme is directed primarily towards the people who belong to EWS, LIG and MIG. One of the components of the yojana is the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS). Under it, the beneficiaries who have taken a home loan can get the subsidy on the interest payments. However, if a married couple is applying for the subsidy, then they will receive only 1 subsidy, irrespective of the ownership status of the property.
CLSS criteria to get the PMAY subsidy:
Eligible Household Income
EWS and LIG
Up to Rs. 6 lakh per annum
Rs. 2.67 lakh
Rs. 6 lakh - Rs. 12 lakh
Rs. 2.35 lakh
Rs. 12 lakh - Rs. 18 lakh
Rs. 2.30 lakh
How to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana?
- Go to the official website of the PMAY @ http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Tap on ‘Citizen Assessment’ option
- Select the appropriate category. Example- If you live in a slum, then you need to select ‘For Slum Dwellers’; otherwise, choose ‘Benefit under other 3 components’
- You will then be directed to a page
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- Now, a form will appear, fill it correctly
- Type the captcha code in the box given at the end of the page to submit your application successfully
- You can also visit the official website of SUDA, Uttar Pradesh @ http://www.sudaup.org/ for more details.
Method to Track the Application Status of PMAY:
- Visit the official PMAY website - http://pmaymis.gov.in/
- Click on ‘Citizen Assessment’ option
- Select ‘Track Your Assessment Status’
- Fill in the ‘Track Assessment Form’, by name, father’s name and ID Type
- Here enter the details, state name, district name, city name, etc along with your name & mobile number. Select the ID type and enter the corresponding number.
- You can also fill the form by Assessment ID
- It is easier option as you have to enter only the Assessment ID with your mobile number.
What are the documents required for PMAY?
These documents must be submitted, along with your duly filled in application form.
Identity Proof and Address Proof -
Like PAN card, voter ID, Aadhaar card, driving license, valid passport, et cetera. For address proof, most recent utility bills such as telephone bill, electricity bill, along with any of the aforementioned documents can be submitted.
Income Proof -
Submit income proof documents along with your application such as salary slips, Form 16, latest tax returns, or bank statement of the salaried account ranging over last 6 months. For self-employed, the list includes balance sheet, self-attested financial statement & the profit and loss account.
Property Documents -
Like valuation certificate, approved plan of construction, Agreement of Sale, affidavit that the beneficiary’s family does not own an all-weather house in any part of the country, etc.
What are PMAY Helpline Numbers?
For any queries related to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Uttar Pradesh, call the toll-free numbers below:
National Housing Bank - 1800-11-3377, 1800-11-3388
HUDCO - 1800-11-6163
SUDA, Uttar Pradesh - 1800-1800-155
SUDA officials, Uttar Pradesh- 0522-2286709.
Features & Benefits of PMAY:
- The interest subsidy rate given in the scheme is up to 6.5 % on housing loan to all beneficiaries taking loans with a tenure of up to 20 years
- Interest rate subsidy, varies basis income slabs
- Up to 6 lakh per annum, credit-linked subsidy of 6.5 % will be available for loan amounts up to Rs 6 lakh.
- People earning up to Rs 12 lakh per annum will get 4 per cent interest subsidy on a loan amount of Rs 9 lakh.
- People earning up to Rs 18 lakh per annum income category will get a 3 % subsidy on a loan amount of Rs 12 lakh.
- Any additional loan beyond the subsidised loan amount will be at a nonsubsidised rate.
- Differently able and senior citizens can get the preference of having a house on the ground floor.
- Houses will be constructed using sustainable and eco-friendly technologies.
- You can avail the PMAY benefits, if you wish to acquire a new house from the developer or the builder and also for buying a house on resale. You can also take a loan for the construction of a house.
- You can also upgrade a ‘kutcha’ house to a ‘pucca’ house under the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme component.
The preferential and key beneficiaries under PMAY:
- Scheduled castes & scheduled tribes
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) of the society
PMAY is applicable to these borrowers:
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS - with a maximum annual family income of Rs. 3,00,00)
- Low Income Group - (LIG - with maximum annual family income of Rs. 6,00,000) and
- Middle Income Groups (MIG - I & II - with a maximum annual family income of Rs. 18,00,000)
- Provisions are also there for widows, transgender, senior members and differently able individuals.