Jackfruit Cultivation: Know the Right Soil, Climate, Irrigation & Pest Control Method
Jackfruit is a high-growth,spreading and densely populated tree which is indigenous to India.Its fruits are up to about 35 kg in size & about 100 to 200 fruits are produced in a tree.
Jackfruit is a delicious fruit tree. It is a multicolored tree with 8 cm tall compacted dark green leaves. From the profit point of view, this tree is very important for the farmer brothers. Its fruits are up to about 35 kg in size & about 100 to 200 fruits are produced in a tree. In addition to ripe fruits, it is in the form of pickles and vegetables. Assam has the best place in jackfruit cultivation.
Soil and Climate
• Jackfruit can be cultivated in any soil but loam soil is suitable for jackfruit gardening.
• You should look that there is no water logging in the field because jackfruit cannot bear much water.
• Its gardening is successfully done in both dry and temperate climates.
• Gardening is done on the hills and plateaus.
Improved varieties of jackfruit -
Some of the good varieties of jackfruit are juicy, Khajwa, Singapore, Pink, Rudrakshi.
How we can plant jackfruit?
• Remove the seeds from the cooked jackfruit and prepare the plant first.
• Now dry these seeds in a shady place.
• Sow the seeds in the season in which you extract your seeds because the moisture and oil in the middle start to end after one month.
• Fresh seed germinates from 70 to 75%.
• There is no need for seed treatment.
• Now to sow the seed, dig up to 30 cm in the soil.
• Now put about 10 kg of cow dung in this pit with soil and put neem cake fertilizer and prepare the mixture.
• Now sow the seeds in this mixture.
• The rainy season is considered to be the right time for planting the plant.
• Place a distance of about 40 feet between the plants in planting methods while planting or planting seeds.
• Water the plant only once a week.
• In all these pits, 20 to 25 kg of cow dung sari compost or compost, 250 grams of single super phosphate, 500 muriate of potash, 1 kg of neem cake and 10 grams of thymate should be filled properly in the soil.
• After 10 years of the plant, add 80 to 100 kg of cow dung, 1 kg urea, 2 kg superphosphate, one kg potash every year.
• The appropriate time to plant jackfruit plants is from July to September.
When to irrigate jackfruit?
• In the initial phase, Irrigation should be done every week in the summer season and at an interval of 15 days in the winter season for the first few years.
• If the plant has grown, then it should be irrigated every 15 days during the summer days and once in the winter season.
• In the month of November - December, jackfruit plants flower, so do not irrigate in these two months.
Disease and Pest control-
• This plant requires minimal care and usually does not get many diseases.
• Yet some of the diseases are seen like stem borer, pink spot, and fruit rot.
• You can spray 0.3 solutions of Aoxychloride or blue copper.
• The fruit is reduced initially and falls after planting, but after 10 to 12 years, 100 - 250 are obtained per tree.