Important Things to Consider While Buying Curtains
Friends if you are planning to shift to a new house or want to renovate your room, then there is one thing that you just cannot ignore...i.e ‘curtains’. Curtains actually make your simple boring room attractive.
If you’re shifting to your dream house or planning to renovate your home, then there’s one thing you simply can’t ignore and that is ‘curtains’. Curtains can set the tone of a room, as well as enhance the beauty of the room. Nowadays beaded curtains are also available in the market, which are quite popular. Curtains varies from light and breezy to substantial and ornamental, from solid-colored pieces to bold prints, from sheer fabrics to heavy opaque textiles, the options are endless.
Here are a few important tips that will help you decide which curtain to buy and how:
The fabric of a curtain matters a lot. You can get fabric from sheer laces to lightweight cotton, medium weight brocades to heavy velvets; you have plenty to choose from. The two factors that you should keep in mind while picking your fabric are:
1. The amount of sunlight you want streaming in.
2. The mood and decor of your room.
The color of your curtains should ideally match with the rest of the furnishings. For getting a pleasing look, choose color that complements with the shade of your walls. If you want the curtains to be the focus, pick a curtain that contrasts with the furniture and walls.
Curtains that fall exactly at the floor level are in fashion.
For dramatic look
- You can go for curtains that are longer by a few inches.
If you have kids
- You can go for curtains that are couple of inches above the floor.
It depends on the width of the molding of window pane or door.
- If the curtain hangs on a window that receives direct sunlight, a protective lining can make it more opaque, fade slower and last longer.
- two layers one sheer and other opaque can give you the flexibility to choose the amount of privacy and light you want.
Fact :- A lining makes drapes heavier, so choose wisely.
Costs of some different types of curtains
Pearls with curtain
- This curtain costs from 500 to 800 rupees
Cotton-synthetic mix material: -
- Curtains of cotton-synthetic mix material starts at Rs 60 per meter.
Velvet Curtain: -
- Prices start from Rs 225 per meter.
Polyester crush material: -
- The initial cost of these screens are Rs 110 per meter
Author - Rishabh Bhan