How to Make Veg Momos at Home?
Momos is a traditional recipe and requires slow-cooking by steaming and this recipe is healthier & authentic.
Momos is a well-known recipe from Tibet. As we all are well aware that Momos are very tasty. The popularity of momos is increasing day by day in India. Oil is rarely used in making steam momos. So, it is healthy and is easy to cook. This is the main reason why Momo's are easy to digest and is also called nutritious food.
Ingredients for Vegetable Momos
- Refined flour - 100 grams (1 cup)
For making pit
- Capsicum - 1 closed
- Cabbage - one cup, grated
- Carrots - half cup, grated
- Cottage cheese - half cup, grated
- Crumbled nut oil - 2 tablespoon
- Chili - one quarter teaspoon red chili - 1/4 teaspoon halved
- Ginger - 1 inch piece that has been grated
- Soy sauce - 1 table spoon
- Coriander - 1 table spoon
- salt - as per taste
How to make Momos?
- Sieve refined flour in a vessel
- Make soft dough with help of water and then cover the dough and keep it aside for 1 hour, so that the dough swells and sets.
How to prepare Pitha for momos?
- Heat oil in a pan, then add ginger, green chillies in hot oil and fry a little, add chopped vegetables or paneer.
- After this mix black pepper, red chilli, vinegar, soy sauce, salt and green coriander and fry it for 2 minutes.
- Now Pitha is ready for filling in momos.
- After Pitha is ready then make small round dough and wrap the dough in dry flour and roll it round like a 3 inch diameter poori.
- Fill the pit in the rolled puri and close it by turning it around or you can also close the filling by filling the ball in the rolled puri.
- Prepare all momos in this way.
Then Momose has to be cooked in steam.
- You have to either take a pot of momos.
- The food at the bottom is slightly larger, in which water is filled, and the top three or four vessels in which the mesh remains.
- Fill lowest vessel with water to heat on the gas.
- Put momos in the second vessel, third and fourth vessel.
- There are about 12-14 momos in a vessel.
- Cook 10 minutes with steam.
- The momos of the bottom vessel have been cooked.