How to Make Spicy Egg Curry at Home?
Egg curry is a very popular dish which is eaten with great fervor. Quick and simple tips inside to prepare this recipe.
Spicy Egg Curry is a delicious, nutritious and filling main course recipe. To prepare it, tamarind paste, curry leaves, coconut milk and onion-tomato gravy are used along with eggs. If you like eggs too then this recipe is for you. The name itself is spicy egg curry, so obviously it is high in spices and you can eat this curry with bread or rice as per your liking. If you wish, it can be served with plain dosa also.
• 4 eggs (boiled)
• 2 medium sized onion paste
• 3 medium sized tomato paste
• 2 bay leaves
• 3 cloves
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• 1 inch cinnamon
• 2 small cardamoms (crushed)
• 4 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
• ½ tsp mango powder
• 4 tsp garam masala powder
• 2 Tablespoon Refined Oil
• 1 tablespoon coriander to decorate the top
• Salt as per taste
Method to Make Spicy Egg Curry:
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• When the oil is hot, reduce the flame and add cumin, cloves, green cardamom and whole spices.
• Then add onion paste to it and keep stirring until it turns brown.
• Now add ginger-garlic and tomato paste along with turmeric powder and 1-1 ½ cup of water and let it cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes till the spice water dries up.
• Rip or cut all the eggs one by one from 3-4 places so that the curry goes well in the egg.
• Add red chili, garam masala, mango powder, salt and 1 cup of water to the spices and cook the eggs in this curry for 5-7 minutes.
• Your egg curry is ready, garnish it with green coriander and serve hot.