Do You Have an Overactive Bladder? Know The Symptoms, Causes & Cures
A frequent visit to the bathroom can irritate and embarrass you at the same time.
There are certain health symptoms which no one should neglect or else it will cause a major health issue. Have you ever felt so uncomfortable while stepping out of the house? A frequent visit to the bathroom can irritate and embarrass you at the same time.
According to the survey, women suffer more from this health issue as compared to men. They should immediately visit the nearest Gynecologist if they experience a frequent and strong urge to pee. Do not feel ashamed as there is nothing to be.
You just need to consult your doctor to prevent this problem. Though, you need to know that having overactive bladder can be briefed as a urinary symptom and not as a disease.
It will make you a strong urge to urinate and you start avoiding outside. Even you start drinking less water to avoid the frequent bathroom trips.
Followings are the symptoms of an Overactive bladder when you should take the advice from a doctor.
1. Frequent and immediate urge to pee.
2. You failed to control from incontinence (leakage)
3. Need to wake up 2-3 times in the night to pee.
What can cause an Overactive bladder?
- One of the major reason can be diabetes which cause a sudden need to pee.
- Urinary infections can also lead an overactive bladder because of using public toilets and unhygienic washrooms.
- If you are on some medications that can be another main cause to increase a urinary production in the bladder.
- A stroke is a neurological disorder which can affect the entire body.
- Consumption of excessive alcohol and caffeine.
- A sudden change in your lifestyle can lead this problem.
How to prevent an Overactive Bladder?
- Try to avoid excessive intake of alcohol or caffeine.
- Do not eat certain foods which affect your bladder.
- Always choose fresh juice and vegetables to keep a healthy digestion.
- If soda, spicy food or tomato makes your bladder irritated, stop consuming these items.
- You should empty your bladder twice when you go to the washroom.
- Always double empty your bladder to prevent an Overactive bladder.
- Add Kegel exercises in your routine to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles.
Comment down to share your views on https://theshiningindia.com/