Delhi elections 2020: Congress Manifesto Focuses on Unemployment, Education & Cashback Schemes
Congress in its election manifesto has promised free education, free electricity up to 300 units, allowances to students, 33% women reservation in government jobs, cashback schemes and lots more.
Congress party on Sunday released its election manifesto for the upcoming Delhi assembly polls. This time Congress has issued two manifestos. They have promised to build five hospitals like AIIMS in Delhi and also promised to regularize all illegal colonies and provide free education up to PhD for girls. At the same time, the Congress has named the second manifesto as 'Green Delhi Manifesto'. The second manifesto promises to promote environment and eco-friendly transport.
About unemployment, the manifesto says that they will give an allowance of Rs 5,000 to graduates and Rs 7,500 to post graduates every month. The party promised to give free coaching for EWS students and 5,000 rupees per month for senior citizens as pension.
They will move the Supreme Court against the citizenship law. They have also claimed that their government will neither allow the NRC to be implemented in Delhi.
Congress has promised to:-
- Electricity will be free till 300 units.
- 50% off on electricity usage up to 300-400 units.
- 30% off on power usage up to 400-500 units.
- 25% off on use of electricity up to 500-600 units.
- Free up to 20 thousand liters of water. You will get a cashback of 30 paise / liter for spending less than this.
- 33% women reservation in government jobs.
- Rs 5,000 per month provision for transgenders under Sheila Pension Scheme.
- Scheme of unemployment allowance of Rs. 5,000 for graduates and Rs. 7,500 for post graduates.
Author - Rishabh Bhan