Chaitra Navratri 2020: Dates to Worship Nine Forms of Maa Durga
In Chaitra Navratri, if spiritual practice is done by choosing the Goddess, then there will definitely be success.
Chaitra Navratri is one of the major festivals of Hindus. The Hindu New Year and Chaitra Navratri will begin on March 25 this year. During this time, the devotees of Mata keep fast for the whole 9 days to please the mother. Navratri means nine nights. During these 9 days all the nine forms of Maa Durga are worshiped and are considered extremely sacred. Devotees worship the nine forms of the Goddess and ask for her blessings.
When is Chaitra Navratri?
• According to the Hindu calendar, this time Chaitra Navaratri will start from March 25 and will continue till April 2.
• Ram Navami will be celebrated on 2 April 2020.
• It is also known as Marathi New Year in Maharashtra.
• In Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh, this festival is celebrated as Ugadi
Dates to worship nine forms of Maa Durga
1. March 25th 2020 - Pratipada: First day of Navratri : Kalash Establishment, Chandra Darshan and Shailputri Pujan.
2. 26th March 2020 - Dwitiya: Second day of Navratri : Bahmacharini worship.
3. 27th March 2020 - Tritiya: Third day of Navratri : Chandraghanta Pujan.
4. 28th March 2020 - Chaturthi: Fourth day of Navratri : Kushmanda Pujan.
5. 29th March 2020 - Panchami: Fifth day of Navratri : Skandmata Pujan.
6. 30th March 2020 - Shashthi: Sixth day of Navratri : Saraswati Pujan.
7. 31st March 2020 - Saptami: Seventh day of Navratri : Katyayani Pujan.
8. 1st April 2020 - Ashtami : Eighth day of Navratri : Kalratri Pujan, Kanya Puja.
9. 2nd April 2020 - Ram Navami : Ninth day of Navratri : Mahagauri Pujan, Kanya Pujan, Navami Havan, Navratri Paran.
Things to remember while lighting Akhand Jyoti
1. Take a large size brass lamp.
2. Don't keep the lamp on empty ground.
3. You should take keep lamp on a wooden plate.
4. Add dyed rice to it before you place the lamp.
5. Use ghee in the lamp, if you dont have ghee use mustard or sesame oil.
6. Before lighting the lamp, Ganesha meditate on Lord, Mother Durga and Lord Shiva.